FOCUS: OK↔KC — a collaborative project of Oklahoma Visual Arts Coalition and Charlotte Street Foundation — is designed to challenge, support and connect artists working in Kansas City and Oklahoma; to engage arts professionals from both outside and within the region with artists from these communities; and to foster increased exposure for, and critical dialogue about, the work of artists practicing in our region.
This Multi-Component Exhibition Project Includes:
A curated group exhibition of Oklahoma and Kansas City artists in Tulsa, Oklahoma
- A curated group exhibition of Oklahoma and Kansas City artists in Kansas City, Missouri
- Residencies of up to 2 weeks in Tulsa for participating Kansas City artists, leading up to the Tulsa exhibition
- Residencies of up to 2 weeks in Kansas City for participating Oklahoma artists, leading up to the Kansas City exhibition
- Public programs in each city organized in conjunction with the exhibitions
- A catalogue including commissioned essays about the exhibition project and participating artists
Call to Artists:
Kansas City based visual and cross-disciplinary artists whose work can be presented in a gallery context are invited to apply to be considered for participation in this project. Artists must be 21 years or older and NOT have a substantial history of national exhibitions and solo shows. Applicants should be interested in and prepared to actively engage with curators, critics, and peer artists involved in the project, as well as with arts patrons and members of the public in each city.