Charlotte Street Foundation is seeking a dynamic, dedicated and respected professional to serve as Director of Programs to start in early 2015.
This team leader will have a strong track record of developing and implementing programs that nurture, challenge and empower individual artists, foster community and contribute to the health, vitality and advancement of a community’s arts ecology. The Director of Programs will be a committed, effective advocate for the mission, vision, programs and values of CSF and the community of artists it supports. This position requires an active knowledge of, and engagement with, contemporary art practices across a diversity of genres. The Director of Programs will work strategically, creatively and collaboratively with the Executive Director and Board of Directors to successfully fulfill the organization’s mission and vision.
Charlotte Street’s Director of Programs will be an accomplished and respected leader in the contemporary art field with a deep commitment to individual artists, their work and ideas, and a strong interest in developing, facilitating, and leveraging artistic programs that enhance our city and our region’s arts ecology and generate regional and national interest.
The best fit for the organization will be a dedicated professional who values and exemplifies innovation, experimentation, risk-taking, collaboration, resourcefulness, and responsiveness in both programmatic and organizational practice.
Professional Skills and Qualifications:
- Demonstrates strong leadership skills and integrity
- At least five years experience directing a contemporary arts program or in a leadership role
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Strong interpersonal communications skills
- Ability to manage programs, experience with budget development and management
- Proven track record of identifying, establishing and managing partnerships
- Flexible, adaptable, resourceful and nimble
- Articulate and passionate ability to advocate on behalf of artists and share the organization’s goals and stories of artists’ accomplishments
- Ability and desire to work in a highly collaborative environment
- Curious and eager to learn from others; generous in sharing skills and knowledge with others
- Knowledge about contemporary art practices and programs on a national and international level
- Visionary capacity to anticipate future directions in an informed and imaginative manner
For full details and responsibilities, see the full Press Release.