Charlotte Street Foundation (CSF) cultivates, challenges, and cross-pollinates the contemporary art ecology of Kansas City. Charlotte Street provides annual cash awards, project-based grants and studio residencies; and manages multiple venues providing exhibition/performance opportunities for visual and generative performing artists. For more information, visit www.charlottestreet.org.
The Job Opportunity:
The Office and Volunteer Coordinator coordinates and manages administrative efforts in support of the CSF staff and board of directors. They manage and coordinate volunteer efforts across departments.
The Desired Candidate:
The desired candidate will be a thorough, detail-oriented self-starter that enjoys administrative tasks and working with the public. This person will be positive, energetic, and trustworthy, with excellent organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills. They will have demonstrated experience working in an office setting, and a demonstrated interest in visual art, theatre, music, or performance.
Key Responsibilities & Duties:
- Manages incoming phone calls and communications; Serves as first point of contact during public office hours (Tuesday-Friday, 12-5pm)
- Collaborates with CSF Staff to coordinate & prep for events and public programs
- Coordinates travel arrangements
- Enters data in fundraising & programmatic databases and maintains contact information
- Serves as docent and receives visitors to la Esquina during Saturday open hours (12-5) as needed
- Manages office supplies and equipment
- Collects attendance, participant, and demographic data for programs and events
- Prepares materials, secures refreshments, and sets up/tears down for panel, committee, and board meetings
- Collates & manages mass mailings (donor acknowledgements, solicitations)
- Develops and maintains volunteer management system
- Works with CSF staff to identify volunteer needs and craft clear volunteer roles
- Recruits & manages volunteer support
- Facilitates artist-printer-installer-Mobank communications for Artboards Program
- In collaboration with CSF Business + Operations Manager and other relevant staff, manages vendor relationships, serves as CSF liaison to contractors such as housekeeping, subscription services, etc.
- Manages collection of check requests & acquiring of appropriate signatures
Part-time, Hourly Non-Exempt
25 hours per week. (12-5 Tuesday- Friday, plus up to 5 weekend or evening hours/week based on need)
$15/hr; eligible for paid vacation and sick leave
CSF utilizes Apple computers, Microsoft Office Suite, eTapestry, Constant Contact, and Outlook.
Open office environment. This position requires use of a car and the ability to lift 25 pounds.
How to Apply:
Send a cover letter, resume, and contact information for three references (in ONE attachment, submitted as a PDF) describing your qualifications and interest in the position to firstname.lastname@example.org. The email subject line should read PT Office Coordinator Search.
Deadline for Application:
Applications will be reviewed beginning April 30th. Application will remain open until position is filled.
Read the PDF now.