Charlotte Street Foundation is currently hiring for a Marketing + Outreach Manager for 2021 and beyond. If you have a strong desire to help Kansas City’s contemporary artists and feel compelled to build connections within Kansas City’s local neighborhoods and communities, then this position might be for you. The preferred deadline to apply is Monday, December 21, 2020. Read the listing below or click the PDF here.
The Job Opportunity: The Marketing and Outreach Manager provides critical strategy, planning, and implementation for the marketing of CSF’s individual programs and managing the external communications of the organization. The ideal candidate will be energized by a role that balances strategic thinking, community engagement, and managing a high volume of production, and will be excited about working to support contemporary art and artists in Kansas City.
The Desired Candidate: We are seeking an energetic, organized, and clear communicator with a great command of social media, compelling copywriting voice, and heart for community engagement. The ideal candidate is a storyteller who is passionate about the arts, and specifically Kansas City’s contemporary artists. Design, illustration, photography, or video editing skills are a plus.
- Strong written and oral communications skills
- Ability to organize and meet deadlines, good time management
- Demonstrated track record producing professional social media content, media communications, presentations/info sessions and community engagement events, and print marketing pieces
- Experience with Google Ads or social media marketing tools & data analytics
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, communications, design, marketing or a related area of study is attractive but not a requirement
Key Responsibilities & Duties:
- Establish Marketing & Communications strategy, action plan, & calendar
- Create, order, & manage distribution of print collateral including postcards, posters, and brochures
- Manage & create content for CSF’s online presence, including our website, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn accounts.
- Foster relationships with local, regional, and national media outlets
- Generate & distribute press releases; manage partnerships and connections to media
- Promote calls for entry, upcoming events, CSF developments and other news items
- Manage photo & video documentation of exhibitions & events
- Manage online archive of exhibitions & events
- Work with Development Director to manage online community-driven giving campaigns
- Organize outreach programs and information sessions, represents CSF at community events
- Advocate for CSF as a proactive external ambassador for the organization and its artists
- Manage & convene CSF Marketing Committee
- Create & manage audience feedback surveys & reports
On Equity: Charlotte Street Foundation values an equitable, diverse, and inclusive art community, which we interpret as all artists having fair access to the tools and resources they need to realize their artistic endeavors. We acknowledge structural inequities that have excluded individuals and communities from opportunity based on race, gender, disability, sexual orientation, class, age, and geography, and strive to counter those inequities in our work and in representation on our board, staff, and constituent groups.
Technology Environment: CSF utilizes Apple computers and Microsoft Office 365.
Classification & Pay: Full time, Exempt (FTE benefits including health insurance, flex scheduling, paid vacation, sick time, paid federal holidays) Pay – $40k annually
Working Conditions: Open space office environment. This position requires some evening and weekend work; hours are flexible in order to accommodate these situations. Charlotte Street Foundation has recently moved all of its internal operations, as well as our programming venues, to a brand new 20,000sq ft facility at 3333 Wyoming in the Volker neighborhood of Kansas City, MO. For more information about that facility here: https://charlottestreet.org/csfhq-faq/
How to Apply: Please send the following in an email to [email protected] (preferably as one packaged PDF attachment with an email cover letter). The email subject line should read Marketing & Outreach Manager
- Cover letter of interest
- CV/resume (should include contact information for 3 references who can speak to working directly with you professionally in different capacities, (peers/managers/collaborators, etc).
- Work samples of print media, social media, media communications (or video/radio work if relevant),
- Social media-based community-driven fundraising campaigns, outreach sessions or event plans
- Demonstration of your writing capabilities – examples might include press releases or other media communications, or campaigns
Deadline for Application: Charlotte Street is seeking to fill this position soon, with a start date in early 2021. Submission of applications by December 21st is encouraged, though the application will remain open until an appropriate candidate is hired. All candidates will be contacted and notified of status by email. Candidates who are most competitive will be invited to a phone interview and subsequent in person interviews, and will be notified of their status by phone as it is decided. Please do not call with questions about application status.