The Job Opportunity:
The Grants & Awards Programs Manager will be a key administrator of Charlotte Street’s Grantmaking Activity, and be a representative of the Charlotte Street Foundation externally in the local, regional, and national arts community.
The Desired Candidate:
will be a high-energy programmatic visionary and creative problem solver, as well as a strong communicator and connector to artist communities and partners locally, regionally, and nationally. They will be a detail-oriented, organized, self-starter with the ability to develop, refine, and execute every aspect of the grantmaking process from jury facilitation to follow-up with grantees. They will be excited about working to support contemporary artists in Kansas City, and value the input of and collaboration with teammates at Charlotte Street and partner organizations that we work with closely to execute Grantmaking and Award programs.
Candidates should have at least 3 years experience in arts & culture administration, grantmaking, or project/program management. Candidate should have a history of outreach and community engagement, and have an ability and willingness to collaborate and partner. Demonstrated interest in the contemporary art & culture field is key.
Key Responsibilities & Duties:
- Manages all aspects of Charlotte Street Foundation Visual Award, Byron Cohen Award, & Art OMI Scholarship, Charlotte Street Foundation Generative Performing Award, and Rocket Grants Award Programs
- Work with Artistic Director, Programming Staff, and Steering Committees to identify jurors, recruit and secure jurors for all grants and awards
- Prep & Manage all awards via Café (Call for Entry) or other online submission system (prepare guidelines for panelists, oversee CaFe jury process, manage all applicant communications)
- Work with Office Manager to book flights, arrange for meeting logistics, food, etc.
- Works with Marketing Coordinator to plan and manage outreach sessions and strategies for all grants and awards. Meet & advise artists considering application
- Work with Marketing Coordinator to develop appropriate marketing materials for grants & awards
- Facilitates all grant/award selection processes
- Attend Rocket Grant Events & other CSF programs as possible
- Work with Office Manager to manage grants implementation, including preparation of artist contracts, 1099s, and checks for winners
- Coordinates & facilitates meetings with artist grantees for follow up and resolution of grant commitments, problem solving related to hurdles in project realization
- Develop, manage, and convene appropriate program based steering committees
- Represent CSF/specific programs in presentations, panels, media, convenings, etc
- Works with Associate Director for Development to collect & report data to granting entities & funders
- Develop and manage budgets for all Award Programs
- Plan & manage award related events and periodic social gatherings for award cohorts
- Plan & manage programming related to Jurors visiting in the context of Grant & Award selection panels
- Manage Grants & Awards archive & documentation of annual process & grantee work
- May include development of new grants or award programs, as opportunities present
Charlotte Street Foundation values an equitable, diverse, and inclusive art community, which we interpret as all artists having fair access to the tools and resources they need to realize their artistic endeavors. We acknowledge structural inequities that have excluded individuals and communities from opportunity based on race, gender, disability, sexual orientation, class, age, and geography, and strive to counter those inequities in our work and in representation on our board, staff, and constituent groups.
Charlotte Street Foundation utilizes Apple computers and Microsoft Office 365.
Classification & Pay Range:
Full time, and Exempt (FTE benefits including health insurance, flex scheduling, paid vacation, sick time, paid federal holidays). Pay range is from $40- $50k annually, depending on experience.
Open space office environment. This position requires some evening and weekend work; hours are flexible in order to accommodate these situations. Charlotte Street Foundation is currently in the middle of construction of a brand new facility which will house our administrative offices, as well as our programming venues, in spring of 2020. For more information about that facility here: https://charlottestreet.org/2019/07/construction-for-charlotte-street-foundations-new-headquarters-set-to-begin-later-this-summer/
How to Apply:
Send a cover letter and resume describing your qualifications and interest in the position to firstname.lastname@example.org . The cover letter and resume should be sent as ONE attachment, preferably a PDF. Resume should include contact information for 3 references who can speak to working directly with you professionally. The email subject line should read Grants & Awards Program Manager Search.
Deadline for Application:
Charlotte Street is seeking to fill this position soon into 2020. The application will remain open until an appropriate candidate is hired. All candidates will be contacted and notified of status by email. Candidates who are most competitive will be invited to a phone interview and subsequent in person interviews, and will be notified of their status by phone as it is decided. Please do not call for questions about application status.
Charlotte Street Foundation (CSF) identifies the needs and fuels the evolution of an ever-changing multidisciplinary arts ecosystem, acting as its primary provocateur. We cultivate the values of risk, collaboration, openness, and excellence in the practice of artists working in and engaging with the Kansas City art community. Charlotte Street provides annual cash awards, project-based grants, studio residencies, and manages multiple venues providing exhibition/performance opportunities for visual and generative performing artists. For more information, go to www.charlottestreet.org.